Sunday, May 30, 2021

Changes in Where We Live UK

Of the many changes I have seen in my life the biggest are those where the places I grew up as a child have changed

I grew up in a small village on the South Coast of England called Portchester and the two towns either side of us were Fareham and Cosham

I used to cycle from Portchester to Fareham and nearly all the road had farms on one side of the road this was in total about 12 miles , when I visited back many years later there was not one bit of empty space , every part of both sides of the road were filled with houses , It makes you wonder where does Portchester end and Fareham begin.

This was not really a local problem as now on that part of the South Coast every city is joined to every other city by rows and rows of houses. They Should Just Change The Name of the south coast to SOLENT CITY

This is not even just a UK problem although I think it may be slightly worse

When I first came to Lovely Elkhorn in Wisconsin the main route between Elkhorn and Chicago still had many green fields for farming and each time we take the trip to Chicago there is less and less greenery and more and more houses to be seen

I would be interested to here other peoples memories of how where they live has changed

Memory Posted By: webmaster

No comments:

Post a Comment

Growing Up and Olympics United States

  Memory Posted By: Anthony The first Olympic Games I ever remember watching were in 1992, in Barcelona. I don’t recall this specifically be...